Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
SHERLOCK FONTS MASTERPOST
I had nothing to do this morning so I collected all of my favourite fonts from Sherlock. I know some of these are already identified and well-known - but here they are. Very good to save as reference for graphics/edits.
Here are the download links to the ones who aren’t already installed on your computers, in chronological order (and what they’re mostly used for):
P22 Johnston Underground - Deductions
I AM SHERLOCKED (Free) - Titles
Astoria - John’s voice in Sherlock’s head
AF Generation Z - Text messages and deducitons
The Recon Legend (Free) - Newspapers, headlines.
P22 Underground Light - Hashtag “#SherlockLives”
Aster EF Medium - Speedy’s. Not sure of this one, but it’s similar.
Helvetica Neue Pro Cond Bold - London Street signs.
Clarion Pro Regular - John’s blog header.
Bebas (Free) - Mayfly man scene
FF Meta Pro Normal - The museum in The Blink Banker
Shanghai (Free) - The circus’ font in The Blink Banker
I hope this will become useful!
so celebrating reaching 2k followers on tumblr, I’m doing tutorial and this one is for gifs like:
anon asked if i could make a tutorial for the gifs in this post so i’ll do a tutorial on this gif from a set i’m making now bc i used the same method:
check out my theme rec here!
i have listed every thememaker in alphabetical order and bolded, italicized ect them dependent on what type of themes the thememaker makes.
please reblog this to spread the love, i have spent a lot of time on this :)
THEME PACK 03;
- THEME02REVAMPED → download 01 / download 02 (original)
- THEME03REVAMPED → download 01 / download 02 (original)
- THEME 17 (NEW) → download 01 / download 02 / live preview
- Rules & Guidelines • How to Install • How to Create a Page
Note: There is no difference between the first and second downloads. The HTML is just uploaded onto two different sites because not everyone can access Pastebin. Feel free to ask me anything, but please read the FAQ first. Best viewed on Google Chrome and Firefox.
Example of the end result:
Before you start reading I should warn you that this is quite a big tutorial and that you need some basic knowledge on how to make gifs and colorings.
- This tutorial will explain how to make an edit using a png book and some photos to put together a “graphic”
- Tutorial by looksgreat.tumblr.com © visit for more tutorials written and video lessons on photoshop.
This is, for all intents in purposes, the same tutorial as Tanja’s at sweettasteofbitter. The original tutorial is HERE. Please consult that one first, as it is the original. I want to make it clear that I am not claiming this style as my own, nor am I claiming I came up with it by myself. I learned it from sweettasteofbitter and trust me, she built the better chair.
The only reason for this tutorial was that it was requested by my friend Erin, who wanted the English translations in Photoshop.